A fresh approach to orthodontics in Rancho CucamongaNearly everyone would like to have a broad smile filled with straight, evenly-spaced teeth. Yet for many teens and adults, traditional orthodontics focused on extraction and palate expansion does not provide that result. Dr. Mario Castellanos offers an effective alternative. The Damon system is transforming Rancho Cucamonga smiles.
How Damon is different When teeth are crowded, the conventional approach is to remove some teeth or expand the arch. Then teeth are pushed and pulled into straighter alignment. The process is uncomfortable and time-consuming. Plus, it results in a narrowed arch.
If you don’t like the idea of having healthy teeth extracted, or of wearing an uncomfortable expander, the Damon system could be ideal for you. Treatment applies biologically-friendly low force to trigger your body’s natural adaptation abilities. This creates space, usually without extractions. Damon braces produce a full display of straight smile teeth for an improved profile. This balance helps to maintain facial symmetry as you age, too.
Quick facts about Damon orthodontics
- Treatment considers more than teeth – face shape, profile, and aging, as well.
- A typical treatment plan is about six months shorter than traditional orthodontics.
- Fewer office visits are needed.
- No aggressive wire tightening appointments. The Damon system utilizes a proprietary slide mechanism.
- Lighter force moves teeth gently, yet efficiently, for improved patient comfort.
- No headgear.
- Damon braces are smaller and more discreet.
- Titanium wires with shape memory are light, but very strong.
- Nickle-free arch wires are available for patients with metal allergies.
- Adults benefit from Damon braces too, gaining smoother facial contours and fewer dark triangles in the mouth.
- Clear ceramic braces are an option!
You deserve the confidence of a big, broad, attractive smile. It is virtually never too late to get it. Call Dental Summit in Rancho Cucamonga at (909) 787-2414 to schedule an orthodontics evaluation. Your new smile is waiting.
Invisalign – a clear alternative to bracesBecause every smile and lifestyle is different, Dr. Castellanos also offers Invisalign. These aligners are transparent and removable.
The process begins with an initial consultation where the doctor determines if you are a good candidate for Invisalign, and if this method is best for your straightening goals. Then, he uses a digital scanning system to record detailed 3D impressions of your mouth. Working with robust computer software, he creates a precise treatment plan that maps exact movement of your teeth. You get to preview your new smile and have a good idea of how long you will be in treatment.
You receive a series of aligners. Wear one set for about two weeks, then advance to the next set. Six-week progress checks at Dental Summit are brief and painless.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Patients generally adapt quickly to wearing aligners, drinking water, and speaking with them in place.
- Most people won’t notice you are straightening your teeth.
- Incremental improvement in the smile is visible – no waiting until braces come off for the big reveal.
- Wearing time is 20 to 22 hours a day. That means you can remove aligners to eat, and to brush and floss normally.
- Each patient is unique, but a typical treatment plan is about 12 months.
- Treatment includes a special retainer to maintain gorgeous results.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Castellanos to discuss the advantages of Invisalign orthodontics. The number is at (909) 787-2414.