Dental implants complete Rancho Cucamonga smilesThe gap from a missing tooth may keep you from smiling. It also has a significant impact on oral health, allowing other teeth to shift and contributing to gum disease and tooth decay. Dr. Mario Castellanos recommends dental implants for permanent tooth replacement. His Rancho Cucamonga practice works closely with an implant and prosthodontics specialist, for the highest level of care under one roof.
Understanding implantsA tooth is anchored by roots that go deep into the jawbone. Those roots provide vital stimulation each time you bite down, keeping bone strong. When a tooth is lost, bone deteriorates.
A dental implant is a substitute tooth root. A small titanium screw is precisely placed into bone where the natural tooth was. Over the course of a few months, bone fuses to the implant, forming a solid foundation for a dental crown. Since it does not sit on top of gum tissue (like a denture or bridge), the implant preserves bone. That helps to maintain a fuller, more youthful facial appearance.
Benefits of dental implants
- An implant-restored tooth is undetectable in the smile, feels normal, and functions like a natural tooth.
- While placement of the implant is an oral surgery, it is brief and well-planned. Only a small soft tissue incision is necessary. Oral conscious sedation is an option for patients who are nervous about the procedure.
- No special care is needed. Just brush and floss normally.
- With good oral hygiene and regular checkups, an implant can last a lifetime. Dr. Castellanos’ long-term success rate is excellent.
- Multiple teeth (or even an entire arch) can be restored with implants. Dental implants can also be used to secure a bridge, or to provide an incredible level of stability to a denture.
Schedule a consultation at our Rancho Cucamonga office to learn more about dental implants. The number is (909) 787-2414.